Monthly Archives: January 2016
- Manuals & Guides
- Members Only
- News Letters
- Press Photo
- Press Release
- Social Media
- Workshop Manuals
Press Release Issued June 1990 regarding the new Rover 825 Turbo Diesel
EMBARGOED UNTIL 0001 HOURS TUESDAY JUNE 19 1990
THE NEW ROVER 825 TURBO DIESEL
The new Rover 825 Turbo Diesel is launched in continental Europe this month (June 1990). Initially available in France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain, the ll8 mph 825D Turbo will join the UK Rover 800 range in September.
Powered by a VM 2.5 litre turbocharged, intercooled diesel engine with 5 speed manual gearbox, the Rover 825 Turbo Diesel achieves 57.8 mpg at 56 mph and a 0-60 time of 10.5 seconds. Complementing the current Rover 800 range, the 825D Turbo provides excellent driving characteristics both in pure performance and day to day use and will be extremely important in underpinning the range in the strong European diesel markets.
The European markets into which the 825D Turbo is being launched (to include Italy in September 1990) have a high diesel content accounting for some 150,000 sales in the executive sector in the period January to September l989. Diesel fuel is priced at an average of 60% of petrol with France having an additional incentive with road tax – 77% of that imposed on petrol vehicles.
For Europe, three models will be available – 825D Turbo Fastback, and 825SD Turbo Saloon and Fastback. In the UK, the 825D Turbo Fastback will be the only model available. Specification levels, including option availability, will be common with equivalent 82oi and 8208i petrol engined versions. Automatic transmission is not available with the diesel engine.
2016 represents 30 years of the Rover 800 range, so watch out for special events to celebrate the occasion.
Dates of events which the Rover 800 Owners Club is planning to attend in 2016. Please note these are not confirmed and more will be added, so please do check back regularly.
- 5th & 6th March – The Practical Classics Restoration Show at the NEC
- 16th April – The Pride of Longbridge in Cofton Park, Longbridge
- 24th April – Drive It Day at MINI Plant Oxford, Cowley
- 7th June – Bromley Pageant of Motoring in Norman Park, Bromley
- 18th & 19th June – The Footman James Bristol Classic Car Show at the Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet
- 3rd July – The BMC & Leyland Show, Motor Heritage Museum, Gaydon 7th August – BL Day in Nene Park, Peterborough
- 20th & 21st August – Tatton Classic Car Show in Tatton Park, Cheshire 17th & 18th September – The Manchester Classic Car Show, EventCity, Manchester
- 25th September – BL Autumn Rally, The Museum of Rural Life, Milton Keynes
- November – The Lancaster Classic Motor Show, NEC, Birmingham